January 1, 2020
What prescribers need to know
- Providers are required to use electronic prescribing for all prescriptions
- Prescriptions for Schedule II substances cannot be issued more than six months after the initial prescription date.
- Pharmacies must report to the Iowa Prescription Drug Monitoring Program within one (1) business day of the medication being prescribed.
- A "Good Samaritan Law" grants a one-time immunity for individuals who report to repeat offenders or drug dealers.
- Bill Name: House File 2377
- Includes penalties for non-compliance
Register with Iowa's PDMP here: https://pharmacy.iowa.gov/iowa-pmp-awarxe
For details instructions on how to comply with the mandate:
To see how RXNT can help you get certified:
- The law does not apply to prescriptions for those in jail, long-term treatment facilities, or correctional facilities.