January 1, 2020
What prescribers need to know
- Providers are required to use electronic prescribing for Schedule II substances. The maximum dose levels for opioids can be 90 MME/day or less.
- There is a five-day limit on the first prescription fill; however, this limit won't apply to patients with chronic pain.
Register with Arizona's PDMP here: https://pharmacypmp.az.gov/
For details instructions on how to comply with the mandate:
To see how RXNT can help you get certified:
- If you are in a county with fewer than 150,000 residents, you must comply with the law by July 1, 2019.
- Waivers are available for prescribers who don't have access to broadband internet access or have other hardships.
- Dosage limits don't apply to cancer patients, patients who have experienced trauma or burns, patients in hospice care, or end of life patients.
- Board certified doctors don't need consultation for prescribing.